A few weeks ago I noticed the skeg was a bit tough to deploy on my backup boat, a Romany Surf RM. It has a steel cable and although I can move the skeg up and down, it was quite stiff. Yesterday I checked it all out, and couldn’t find any kinks in the skeg wire or grit in the box, so I pulled the cable. Sure enough, there was a slightly frayed edge about two feet into the cable herunterladen.
I remembered someone mentioning that Ronnie at SKG had replaced a cable with the plastic wire from a weed trimmer, so I figured I’d give that a try download smart tv apps. The largest round size at Home Depot was .095 and it looked pretty heavy duty. Be careful to get the round stuff, not the line with funky edges.
I cut it to match the same length as the existing cable, put everything back together and surprise, surprise, it worked. I haven’t tried it on the water yet, but will do so in the next week or so. Here’s the line I used: